What You Missed at this Year’s Intelisys Channel Connect
Intelisys has been hosting their annual Channel Connect event for years, and many partners familiar with attending this event were accustomed to enjoying all that Napa has to offer at the Meritage Resort. However, this year Intelisys changed it up. Due to continued event success and upset suppliers who could never get a hotel room on property- they decided to move locations to Monterey, CA. While not exactly easy to get to, it was well worth the rental car trip to the amazing water front city. Hotels and Convention centers were centrally located to host an estimated 1,000 partners and suppliers.
Intelisys jam packed and filled several days with educational sessions, supplier fairs, one on one meetings and of course, some fun. The programs focused on some hot industry topics.
- All of the AAS trends (As a Service) you could think of: UCaaS, CCaaS, DRaaS and more.
- There was a great emphasis on how certifications are key. Many partners want to participate in Cloud Services University or other training programs to be certified by carriers. This is a trend we definitely want to continue to view as a priority- making partners product experts too!
- SD-WAN is definitely a buzz word. Partners attended sessions on what makes each carrier different and why they should start selling it with their current portfolio.
- Mergers & Acquisitions- with many mergers occurring in our industry, this is a common topic at Channel Connect to learn what integration means for Intelisys partners.
- Channel Marketing- it was GREAT to see partners interested in learning more about their go-to-market strategy and best practices with social media.
Magic Johnson was certainly the highlight of the awards dinner focusing on why partnerships matter in business. While the crowd really wanted to hear more NBA stories, Johnson really kept his speaking engagement relatable to the audience.
With all these partners in one place, at one time- this was prime opportunity for a carrier, like Windstream, to meet with as many partners as possible in a few days. Mission accomplished! We will definitely see you next year, Monterey and hope to see all of our partners there as well.